Wednesday, January 23, 2013

My much needed workspace!


 I finally have my own workspace after moving in to this place. I think every artist needs that separate place just to sit down and dream:-). Probably thats one of the main reasons I never felt like painting anything simply because nothing can gave me that extra nudge. A lot of people have inspired me with their spaces. Somedays I would just sit and look at all their spaces dreaming to have that kind of space. :-) Things dont happen on their own. One has to work for it! I realised that!

And so shopped in Ikea:-). Best place to start with. I will add a few more storage drawers in some time. All this while I had an inspiration board on pinterest. I needed one board here too. But nevertheless I will continue to pin there. This I think is a good place to start with! what say?

Inspiring people and their work space:

Geninne from Geninne's art blog
http://blogdelanine.blogspot.com/2011/11/studios-magazine.html#links

Kathleen from Trowel and Paintbrush
http://trowelandpaintbrush.blogspot.com/2012/11/more-corners-of-my-studio.html

Arounna from Bookhou
http://www.bookhouathome.blogspot.com/

My pinterest board CREATIVE SPACES from many wonderful Artists!
http://pinterest.com/vedamurthy/creative-spaces-that-inspire-me/








Thank you all who inspire me everyday! Just realised this is the first post of 2013. Here's Wishing you all a very Happy New Year!

9 comments:

Kathleen Maunder said...

What a beautiful space you've created for yourself, Veda. I hope it brings you hours of artistic pleasure! ❤

Anonymous said...

Nice! :)

Mangalavedanth

arounna said...

hi veda
such a beautiful space - so calming
all the best with your paintings!

xx arounna

Veda Murthy said...

Thank u Kathleen, Mangala and Arounna to leave your wonderful comments here!

rk said...

Nice to have a space for art for sure! I finally got my own art room last year and I am thrilled about it. I am yet to get storage solutions etc, don't know where to start. For now, it's my space and I enjoy creating there even though the supplies are in pretty boxes (not in shelves) like yours :) Happy creating!

rama said...

Lovely space to dream and actualize all your dreams into reality.

Madhavimreddy said...

Wonderful place to do Art work,Nice work place to take care of your creativity.
Madhavi

Veda Murthy said...

Thank you Rk, Rama and madhavi for the lovely thoughts here!

Vasudha S said...

Definitely a nice space for yourself Veda!