Wednesday, January 30, 2013

A Rose is a rose is a rose





                                             Water color on Strathmore cold press brown Acid free
                                                                            9" x 12"


This painting was just a quick one in the afternoon. I usually use my own reference photo or my friends usually forward me their photos. But today, the reference photo was from this site below.

http://www.fanpop.com/clubs/roses/images/29851084/title/roses-photo

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very beautiful!

Mangala

rk said...

Very nice! I like the shading on the rose. If I may suggest, I think the leaves having smoother colors would be appealing. But the background and the leaves having a splotchy effect goes well together I suppose. Nice job.

Veda Murthy said...

Thank you Mangala and Rk for leaving such wonderful comments as always.

I completely agree with you Rk. Thank you for your suggestions. Do keep visiting here.

Veda

Nayana said...

And beautiful one :)

WIDI said...

Love the rose. Have started to paint after a few long years and taking inspiration from blogs like yours. Thanks,Preethi.