Sunday, July 6, 2008

Mehendi cards for my sister's wedding!


I and my cousin made these Invitation cards for her Mehendi day. The color of the cards are carefully chosen to give it a bright and vibrant look to the cards and the day as well. Yup! these are the colors the guests will try to match their attire too!

I thought of these wooden block motifs to give it a very ethnic look. Printing them in silver , copper and gold colors completes the whole ethnic theme we have thought of!
Little accessories like sequinned flowers, satin ribbons(which my cousin suggested by the way...and I thought they are beautiful) and fevicryl outliners were used to highlight the motifs. We could have printed the matter but we thought it would be very nice to pen down the matter by ourselves. Adds a personal touch! So there you go, we made about 50 cards in 2 days flat!