Saturday, May 31, 2008

HAND MADE INVITATION CARD





When Indira of Mahanandi invited fellow bloggers to participate in “Food Art: Mango Manthram”, I was more than thrilled to be a part of it. Although I promised her to send two entries, over ambitious me! Sorry Indira. I will try to send more entries next time. I wish she keeps hosting many more such events of food art. It helps people like us to think more and dedicate time to art along with food!

This is a very simple craft that anyone can do. A hand made Invitation card! All the small functions at my place, be it Birthdays, Gruhapravesham (house warming ceremony), I always try to add a personal touch by making invitations at home. For a crowd of 80-100, this is definitely possible.

The theme here was MANGO. So I drew mango motifs on scrapbook sheets, cut them, pasted them on art paper (preferably thick). Embellish them with anything you like. I used fevicryl outliners and some sequined flowers I had at home. I have placed the sequined flowers in different places just to show variations. Use your imagination and you can do wonders with little creativity!





Materials used: Fevicol, scissor, Fevicryl outliners, pencil, scrapbook sheets, art paper, sequinned flowers.