Saturday, May 31, 2008

DECORATIVE TRAYS

Decorative Trays

Functions in India are very colorful be it engagements, weddings, anniversaries. Every get-together like these is celebrated in a colorful way. Starting from food, flowers, decorations, sarees, jewelry, everything is so vibrant and beautiful. What I like the most amidst all????? The previous day to the functions! I like the chaos, confusion, hurry to get things arranged, children playing and screaming around the hall, oldies chit chatting in a corner, youngsters making decorative arrangements, food caterers, Aunts and uncles checking on every detail phew!!! The list is endless. The whole atmosphere is mind blowing.

One such occasion recently was my cousin’s engagement. I took up the task of making decorative trays (I will tell you more about the usage of these trays in my next post). Not that you can’t buy them from the market. Infact I got the inspiration to make these trays from a shop I visited near my place. The shop owner suggested me if I did not like the designs I saw there, I could always make them on my own. Now that was interesting to me. Adds a personal touch to the occasion. So there I gathered all the materials and hurried back home to start on my new project. I was so happy with the results. My hard work was really appreciated by one and all at the engagement ceremony. Most of all, my cousin R was thrilled and the happiness on her face was worth every minute I spent doing them. This is the first set. I will post more trays, actually I am searching for the photo which had things filled in them. So that will come soon too!!!!!!enjoy!!!!!








Wondering what they are in the second tray? Chocolates!!!!